Lest We Forget
When: March 23, 2018
Time: 9 am to 1 pm
Place: Hall of Flags, Maine State Capital
The Maine Association for Community Service Providers invites you to our Seventh Annual Special Celebration of the Arts: Lest We Forget. Come view a wide array of artwork by talented artists from across the state and converse with the artists over refreshment! Please mark your calendars for March 23, 2018 from 9 am to 1 pm at the Hall of Flags at the Maine State Capital!
Call for artwork: We are now accepting entries for artwork!
Once again the Hall of Flags at the State Capitol Building will be adorned with artwork from artists across the state. Lest we Forget will draw attention to individuals with disabilities whose voices are heard through their artwork, and the agencies that support them.
MACSP members are invited to submit up to five pieces of artwork. Submissions will include programs serving children and adults.
The following art media will be accepted: Painting/drawing, Photography, Small sculpture, Fiber/textile and Jewelry.
The following are due no later than March 9th:
- To defray the costs associated with the exhibit, there will be a $10.00 entry fee for each submission. Checks should be made payable to GMS and include “Lest We Forget” in the memo section of the check and mailed to: Ann-Marie Mayberry, GMS, PO Box 1280, Westbrook, ME 04098
- The Attached entry form, logo and artist picture must be complete and sent via email to email@example.com. Please use “LWF2018-Agency name- artist initials” in the subject line for all email correspondence related to this event.
- Digital agency logo
- A quality digital image of the artists’ face only.
Art must be dropped off no later than March 9th. Artwork must be clearly labeled on the back with artist’s name, title of piece, and agency. All art must be exhibit ready (framed, mounted, etc.) We are not able to accept artwork that exceeds 36” x 36” or weighs more than 15 pounds.
ART DROP OFF Sites/Dates:
- MACSP meeting on February 21, 2018 at the Holocaust Center, University of Augusta Campus
- MACSP Board meeting on March 6, 2018 at Uplift in Gardnier
- GMS Administrative Office, located at 15 Saunders Way Suite 500G in Westbrook between February 21st and March 9th.
ART PICK UP:
- All artwork should be picked up by the individual artist or their supporting agency at the Hall of Flags between 12:45pm and 1:00pm on March 23rd (the day of the exhibit.)