Lest We Forget
When: April 26, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Place: Hall of Flags, Maine State Capital
The Maine Association for Community Service Providers invites you to our Seventh Annual Special Celebration of the Arts: Lest We Forget. Come view a wide array of artwork by talented artists from across the state and converse with the artists over refreshment! Please mark your calendars for April 26, 2017 from 10am to 2pm at the Hall of Flags at the Maine State Capital!
Call for artwork: We are now accepting entries for artwork!
Once again the Hall of Flags at the State Capitol Building will be adorned with artwork from agencies and individuals across the state. Lest we Forget seeks to draw attention to individuals with developmental disabilities whose voices are heard through their artwork and the community agencies that support them. Agencies are invited to submit up to three pieces of art on behalf of individuals that they support that highlight the contribution those artists make to the greater art community. Individuals are also invited to submit pieces directly. The following art media will be considered: Painting/drawing, Photography, Small sculpture, Fiber/textile work/Jewelry.
The initial submission requires four items, due no later than March 22nd:
- To defray the costs associated with the exhibit, there will be a $25.00 entry fee for the first submission and $5 for each additional submission. Checks should be made payable to Group Main Stream, and include “Lest We Forget” in the memo section of the check.
- The Entry Form located by link at the bottom of the page must be complete and sent via email. Handwritten forms may be scanned and attached to email or sent via mail. We welcome forms completed by the artist.
- Digital agency logo
- Good quality digital image of the artist. Please no quick phone pictures. The image needs to be crisp and able to be reproduced at a 4 x 6 print size. (Please do not send prints via mail.)
All email correspondence should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “LWF2017-Agency name” in the subject line for all email correspondence related to this event.
All mailed correspondence (entry fee, and entry form if being hand written) should be sent to:
PO Box 1280
Westbrook, ME 04098
Art must be dropped off no later than April 19th. Artwork should be clearly labeled on the back with artist’s name, title of piece, and agency. All art must be exhibit ready (framed, mounted, etc.)
Art drop off sites/dates:
- For MACSP Members: to the MACSP meeting on March 15th and April 19th
- For MACSP and Non-MACSP Members: GMS Administrative Office, located at 15 Saunders Way Suite 500G in Westbrook between March 15th and April 19th.